AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mojo RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tmecham
Posted 3/14/2007 16:27 (#119821 - in reply to #119520)
Subject: RE: Mojo RTK

paconsult,

Thank you for your kind words. Like all GPS companies the accuracy specs given only apply to the GPS engine accuracy under "most" conditions. As we know, accuracy quoted by most GPS companies often gets misinterpreted as "on-the-ground" accuracy at the implement. Many variables such as steering kit quality, hitch play, tire pressure, weight, and ground conditions can mean that the sub-inch accuracy of the GPS unit does not make it to the ground. This is illustrated by the problems some people have using universal steering kits with RTK GPS systems. There is generally nothing wrong with the RTK GPS unit.

Where most companies refer to Pass-to-Pass (P2P) accuracy for GPS units, this concept does not apply to dual frequency RTK units like mojoRTK. mojoRTK is quoted in absolute "repeatable" accuracy and does not experience drift like the subscription differential services.

These concepts can be poorly explained by manufacturers to dealers and farmers alike (I have been at every level). At least this is the knowledge that I have obtained from my own trials and errors over many years of continually educating myself in the precision guidance market.

Thanks,

Trevor
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)