AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

small pull behind grader/leveler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

finch
Posted 4/3/2011 11:09 (#1705694)
Subject: small pull behind grader/leveler

liberty grove
Was wondering if anybody has any experiance with the small pull behind graders for four wheelers and lawnmowers. Especially the DR power grader. WWW.drpowergrader.com Was wondering if they do any thing as far as leveling the driveway or yards out, or if they are a waste or money. Just looking for something handy but usefull to get around the yard with. thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page
agboy
Posted 4/3/2011 11:23 (#1705717 - in reply to #1705694)
Subject: RE: small pull behind grader/leveler

Flandreau, SD

build your own?

I built this one for my small drive.

(Box blade 001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Box blade 001.jpg (71KB - 1536 downloads)
iseedit
Posted 4/3/2011 11:41 (#1705747 - in reply to #1705694)

central - east central Minnesota -

finch - 4/3/2011 10:09 Was wondering if anybody has any experiance with the small pull behind graders for four wheelers and lawnmowers. Especially the DR power grader. WWW.drpowergrader.com Was wondering if they do any thing as far as leveling the driveway or yards out, or if they are a waste or money. Just looking for something handy but usefull to get around the yard with. thanks in advance

I have a differening opinion - Marc's (agboy) is a nice toy and a guy could build one pretty cheaply - vs. buying, but - - -   they simply are not wide enough or heavy enough to acturally grade (except during spring thaw cycles). A guy needs width to keep the surface even across the plane.
A grader / scraper / bucket on a skidsteer or a heavy box blade / scraper blade on a tractor 3pt would do a better job cutting and rolling/mixing material and filling holes. It is important to set up the blade with guide wheels to keep the blade at depth . . . . . .   that my 2 ¢

Edited by iseedit 4/3/2011 11:42
dondozer
Posted 4/3/2011 12:08 (#1705799 - in reply to #1705747)
Subject: Re: small pull behind grader/leveler

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Buy a box scraper, A Gannon is a nice one, has double blade, get the top link set right, the rear blade going forward will be like a back drag. Mine I picked up used for 500 bucks years ago. Also mine has the teeth that roll down when needed.
ag4life
Posted 4/3/2011 11:46 (#1705757 - in reply to #1705694)
Subject: Re: small pull behind grader/leveler

Southern Illinois
i pull an 8x8 i beam with wings at about a 75degree angle welded on the end. I just hook a chain to it and drag with the 4 wheeler. I am going to build another one with the i beam bent into a v shape at about 20-30 degrees so it will level better. The factory machines I have seen have a v in the front with the point forward that is about 6" narrower than the rear with the point facing rearward. every drive takes a diffferent machine.
JohnW
Posted 4/3/2011 12:26 (#1705831 - in reply to #1705694)

NW Washington
I read a thread on here or somewhere that the DR drive way grader works pretty good.

Hoelscher make a small grader but it would need a small tractor with a 3pt and hydraulics operate it. http://www.hoelscherinc.com/prod_grgrader.htm

Here is another road maintainer for small tractors with a 3 pt hitch. This is kind of a bigger version of the DR machine. http://www.roadboss.org/
L8Bloomer
Posted 4/3/2011 12:37 (#1705848 - in reply to #1705694)

SW Ohio
I have the DR grader. Wish it were wider. I think they make a wider one now. Does a good job but requires multiple passes.

Good Luck,
Dave
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)