AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD ATU "S"ING ISSUES. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DMD
Posted 4/24/2007 16:55 (#141674)
Subject: JD ATU "S"ING ISSUES. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE "S" AND BEEN ABLE TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? I'VE HAD NO LUCK.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ndarbuckle
Posted 4/24/2007 17:25 (#141680 - in reply to #141674)
Subject: RE: JD ATU "S"ING ISSUES. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>

I have mine dialed in perfect I think. What tractor do you have it in, what speed are you running. I am able to run mine with the following settings. Steering wheel speed:200 Acquire speed 120, Line tracking 150. line heading 150. Works great, hardly ever see it drift more than 2 inches. Works great on the Airseeder, I guess we will see when the crop comes up. This is in a buhler 435 running about 6.6 mph. I ran it about 9 mph with the super coulter, it didnt perform as well but it was good enough for that.

I followed the suggestion of how to tune it in the manual. I started with the wheel speed. The book says to run the wheel speed as high as possible without having ATU disengage. With my platform this was at 200. I then went to the acquire sensity got that it so it was alright, then moved on to the line sensitivities. The line sensitivies work together and I was able to get it really dialed into where I am happy, and I am the type of person if it isnt perfect I would still be out there working on it.

Edited by ndarbuckle 4/24/2007 17:34
Sandhoff
Posted 4/24/2007 17:28 (#141682 - in reply to #141674)
Subject: Re: JD ATU "S"ING ISSUES. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>

I am guessing you are using an ATU Steering Wheel kit? You can go onto StellarSupport.com and go to AutoTrac Universal and John Deere has predetermined settings for each specific platform they have approved whether it's a tractor, combine, rogator, new holland, etc. Start there with those settings then try to fine-tune from there. Most likely your acquire sensitivity or line sensitivity is set too long
JAS
Posted 4/24/2007 21:30 (#141779 - in reply to #141682)

Anytown, USA
Has anyone thought of talking to the dealer that sold this unit?
outlaw2u
Posted 4/24/2007 21:59 (#141798 - in reply to #141779)

Northern KS
i used to work for a dealer w/this precision ag items and had access to Deere DTAC,etc. It was a heck of alot of easier to post on here and get an answer than from Deere. Many Producers posting on this board are more intelligent than the college kids that answer via DTAC or stellar support.
As a dealer you can fight these things for days.
sbtsasw
Posted 4/24/2007 22:41 (#141830 - in reply to #141798)

What do you have this ATU on?
MT Matt
Posted 4/24/2007 23:15 (#141872 - in reply to #141674)
Subject: What tractor you using? Speed? Implement?

What settings have you been using? We have ours on a 9300 pulling the air drill - drives straighter then I can.
buckslayr
Posted 5/12/2007 08:45 (#149319 - in reply to #141680)
Subject: RE: JD ATU "S"ING ISSUES. HELP>>>>>>>>>>>

,N.Dak.
I have a ATU on a 9200 JD.My steering speed is 85,I put it down there because it drives so much smoother.I seed bet ween 5.5 nd 6 mph.If you wanted to drive faster you would raise the # to make it steer on line quicker.Have used mine on a 8450 JD also.worked real good there too.
fjlip
Posted 5/24/2007 00:19 (#153623 - in reply to #141872)
Subject: RE: What tractor you using? Speed? Implement?

N East Sask, Canada
On a 9300 @ 5mph seeding, I use St wheel speed of 60, aquire 180, Line 100, heading 160, Wheel play 5,
disengage at normal. Have the remote resume switch in the command arm. At 8 to 9 mph I increase St wheel speed to 100 and line to 140. It is very smooth and absolutely silent in the cab. The wheel moves an inch either way off a center spot and is 0 to 8 " on a half mile over gentle hills and ditches. No issues after 2000 acres. Way straighter with NO operator stress. I shift track several times a day, just check the line regularly. Satellites seem to drift a few times a day. Dust and night time are less stress and the rows are arrow straight from the road. I prewired a 4250 for spraying and Macdon swather to move the unit to. That takes less than an hour. Best purchase I've made in a long time!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)