AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to deal with insurance contracted carpenters for post-fire remodeling?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Land_Surfer
Posted 12/28/2018 16:46 (#7202447)
Subject: How to deal with insurance contracted carpenters for post-fire remodeling?

These national franchise carpentry services hired by big name insurance companies that provide turn-key services / solutions should put out of business! The one currently working on a very near relative of mine is so slow and pays no attention to quality and has no follow-up on mistakes or improper work. They have no craftsmanship or pride in their work. I’m at my wits end and there is nothing anyone can do. The occupants are more deviststed by the lack of quality in repairs than the damage caused by the fire. In some cases the repairs are in worse shape than before the fire due to the lack of quality materials and craftsmanship. Example: the kitchen cabinets are prefabbed and mainly particle board with simulated oak fronts that have chipped edges on all sides Due to improper handling and care. The foreman said they are only authorized to repair what they may have damaged and not replace anything (they damage). You can’t space particular board and make it look right or last!!! The original cabinets were custom. FYI - the homeowners have 2.5x replacement on home and contents. They are not getting full value of their policy. I drove by a little while ago and there is a crew outside painting. It’s below 35 degrees. They were asked not to paint until the very end to ensure optimal conditions. Sheeesh. I’ve had it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)