AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

County / State Fair time...Thank your sponsors and 4H / FFA Helpers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 7/28/2018 15:07 (#6897815)
Subject: County / State Fair time...Thank your sponsors and 4H / FFA Helpers

Just got home last night from our Ohio State Fair 4H judging for welding J1 and J2 yesterday.
What an impressive day. !!!! For Ohio, this portion is held at the Agricultural Engineering building a part of the Ag campus of The Ohio State University.

We was involved with about 60-70 other kids and their parents / guardians. I thought everyone got along VERY well, was courteous and very polite.

The kids had to bring down their project , and had an interview, and competed against different segments for the state judging. This was all discussed in a meeting room ahead of time.
The projects had to be brought into a back shop ( holding area ) and segregated by group.
WOW !!!! some of the TALENT these kids have is just incredible. I took some pics, but decided not to post, since I have no permission and respect their privacy......but the work was REALLY GOOD !.
I love it, especially to see how some think outside of the box to come up with these projects.

Lincoln Electric ( Lincoln welders gave away I think about 12 AC welders yesterday as prizes ! ), and the top ( best overall ) clock winners got AC / DC welders.
Then Miller Electric ( Miller Welders, gave some really nice auto darkening helmets to the 2nd place finishers of the class ) so about a dozen or so of these.
So a big shout out to Lincoln and Miller for doing this. !!!

The winners also received a really nice welding reference manual...one that can be used for a lifetime.

While the kids was doing their interviews and welding samples, an outstanding gentleman from OSU gave the parents / guardians a great informative talk about the 4H process, the industry behind the projects and kind of how to steer kids into their future paths, wether it be right into trade, 2 yr tech school, or onto a 4 yr or more deal. He had a simple short and concise powerpoint presentation to help illustrate his data and facts. Pretty COOL.

Before the final results and winners were announced, there was about 3 professional consultants ( actually some of the judges ) , gave a couple of minutes talk, to tell us all how these welding projects can progress into further careers. The speakers were very easy to listen to and had some really neat stories to tell.

Long story here...but please realize, how much volunteer TIME and MONEY goes into supporting our Ag youth. It was helpful that we were supplied a sheet with references to send Thank-You's to.
Really cool to see the surprised look on some of these kids when they received these awesome prizes !!!!
Please have your child send out Thank-You's, or at a minimum, send an email, but give a shout out to the sponsors, and if possible, show or support them at your home county, even if its telling a small business owner, Thanks, or a " Hey, I like how you support the Jr Fair, it means more to most than you think.

THANK-YOU !!!!!,.............. to ALL that help and support 4H and the FFA !!!!!! we REALLY need to keep this going.

Rog

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)