AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone on here a digital piano expert?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 11/17/2017 10:50 (#6370937)
Subject: Anyone on here a digital piano expert?

We have an old Technics piano that is kindof the same layout as the Yamaha Clavinova line. It's a PR370 I think. Anyway, it no longer works. I think it's only worth about $300 by now in working condition so I think we'll just get something else rather than trying to get it repaired.

Kids are 5, 3 and 1 so they'll likely use it to learn at some point. I've been told that a digital piano should have good weighted keys so that it makes the transition from a digital piano to an acoustic piano less difficult.

My wife plays several instruments and was making good headway towards becoming proficient with the piano as well when the Technics PR370 failed. She plays in talent shows with her violin occasionally and mentioned that on one hand, if she wanted someone to play piano with her (or she wanted to play herself) it would be nice to have something that she could take with her but on the other hand something that looks more like a Clavinova would likely look better in the living room.

She wants a sustain pedal at the very least. Good feel to the keys. Good sound. Not really into the effects too much at this point. Maybe never will be. Might be into recording voice while playing though if the quality is decent as she is a vocalist as well.

I see that something like a new Yamaha CVP will probably be $5,000 and up and we're likely not willing to spend that much so we'll either be in the used market or we'll be looking for something new that is more affordable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)