AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Safety-zone first thoughts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

willow creek
Posted 3/26/2017 23:34 (#5925260)
Subject: Safety-zone first thoughts.

NCND
I bought one this winter thinking it was going to be like the last. Wide open and no snow. Well it didn't work out that way. no snow to 6 foot banks in places with water and mud in between. With a few mounds of hay and straw here and there for the cows to stand on. My dad 74 yo and won't back down from very many cows couldn't get a calf tagged off the ranger today. He never asks for help but threw me the tag and said go for it. He watched from a distance as that cow never even snorted. I have went everywhere I needed to go mud snow ice and piles of manure. I have tagged about 30 calves with it so far and it has me so relaxed doing that job it is enjoyable. Threw a little weatherstripping on the gate to help with the rattle when the gate is close. When the gate is open it makes no noise unless I am really pushing it. It is wide when mounted on the 4 wheeler, about as wide as the pickup. Easy on easy off. Cows will follow it, better than throwing it in the back of the ranger. So far very impressed. Long ways to go yet, though.

Edited by willow creek 3/26/2017 23:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)