AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modus Files
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

WeedEater
Posted 3/17/2017 08:52 (#5905139)
Subject: Modus Files

NW. IA
Let me first describe what I am doing. I am trying to open up shape files and edit a particular column on soil sample data, only editing the .dbf file in excel doesn't alter the programming. I got help from a tech support for the company that is receiving the soil sample data. Tech support was able to edit the shape file and send it back to me. The file format the sent back to me was a Modus file. It uploaded into their software just fine. I have uploaded different shapefiles into the system just fine, it just so happens that the way the read in the columns on the shape file my date column is in the wrong format. I asked them how to do this and their answer was to just send them all the shape files and they will do the editing for me and send them back. That isn't good enough for me. I would like to be able to change this on my own. It appears that this Modus file might be a more editable version, I just don't know what or where to start. My ultimate goal is to avoid going through my SMS advance program to edit these columns because of the time it takes especially because it appears to be just formatting a single column. Any help would be great!!

Thanks IA

Skip
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)