AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hog manure...COC......Side Dressing N?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Lotts_Valley
Posted 3/15/2017 07:22 (#5900447)
Subject: Hog manure...COC......Side Dressing N?

Sorry- another COC post. I recently constructed a hog finishing facility and have 1 crop year of experience with swine manure and was very impressed with yield results/fert savings. As I move forward, those acres near the facility will be continuous corn until I can access additional acres to utilize manure on and rotate soybeans again. With that being said, I would appreciate any comments suggestions on supplemental N application from those who have experience growing COC with swine finishing manure. My practice last year was- apply 4500-5500 (one field fall one spring) gal of manure and supplemented addtional N at planting from 30-50(30 rotation/50 COC) units put down with pre emerge herbicide before planting. Was very pleased with yields. I switched to COC on w/ commercial on my few remaining acres. On those I acres I rented a side dress rig to sidedress N on when corn was knee high. I was very pleased with my yield on COC with commercial as well, however last year seemed to be nearly perfect growing conditions in my area (NW IOWA). My biggest question here is- Do any of you side dress N on your manured acres? I was told not to side dress N on manured acres because manure is slow release so any addtional N should be put on up front. What are other opinions on side dressing N on manured acres?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)