AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kansas City cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

overbrook
Posted 3/6/2017 14:21 (#5881737)
Subject: Kansas City cattle

It's been a wild couple days and I hadn't had time to check in here. Didn't realize that I was so much in the wrong, I certainly hadn't received that reaction anywhere else. Here are some facts:

We are still missing 12 head. There have been unconfirmed reports of sightings as far west as Desoto. So far everything we've caught has been within 2 miles of k10 435 junction. We know some are still in the area of the caves off Renner. It's extremely rough and brushy. We probably will never find them all but are doing what we can, with loads of help, to get them out of harm's way.

I have a CDL and current on all health and safety paperwork. The truck was inspected after it was turned upright and was only cited for broken windshield and mirror, both as a result of the wreck. No tickets or citations. I'm not a professional driver, but have been pulling a pot for over ten years and have been through Kansas City well over 100 times without incident. I would not be driving if I didn't feel comfortable doing it. I have a clean driving record.

Every city of Lenexa and KHP person, and there have been many, that I have dealt with has been extremely supportive and cooperative. The same for area residents and even the media, with the exception of maybe the helicopters. We've had horses, atvs and cattle where they shouldn't be and have yet to have a complaint.

Most importantly, GOD IS GOOD. This could have ended so much worse for so many people. His protective hand had to have been involved the entire time. Continued prayers requested for safety until the rest of the stragglers turn up. The gathering crew has been mostly incident free in dangerous areas. Would I like to have another chance to take that exit ramp? Of course, but I'm glad I still have a chance to wake up each morning and live the life we all love.

and lastly, if you see any black 550-600# steers, red numbered tag with DF below the number, put them in somewhere if possible and let me know where they are. We have cargo insurance that I have yet to settle with, but am not planning to give up if we still can gather some more. As time passes they will surely be looking for other cattle and could turn up anywhere. Farm folks are unbelievable about jumping in and helping when needed. That's what makes me proud to be one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)