AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brother wants to return to the farm.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TENFarms
Posted 2/1/2017 23:00 (#5810683)
Subject: Brother wants to return to the farm.

North Dakota

After ten years of being away my younger brother wants to move home and help on the family farm. My Dad and I work together and we would have no problem welcoming him into the operation as a partner, however, we have a real dislike for his fiance. She has been on our farm only a handful on times mostly for holidays and each time she has thrown a huge tantrum because of the way it smells, how far we are from town, or the fact that there's real work involved. It's clear to my Dad and I that she will never be happy living living on our farm/ranch but I don't think it's quite so obvious to my brother. My Dad and I would love to have him here but I don't think I could handle the stress of having his soon to be wife around constantly. She's one of those "if you make me sign a prenup you don't really love me" kind of people and I'm worried she's just looking for an opportunity to walk away with a portion of the operation. I really don't want to start a fight but we need to protect ourselves somehow. This has the potential to get very nasty and cruel very vast. Any advice??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)