AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

20/20 vs agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 1/20/2017 08:01 (#5780884)
Subject: 20/20 vs agleader

SESD
Ok. I'm getting ready to get my new to me planter going. It is a 2009 DB60 with esets and 3bu boxes and in furrow fert with electric pump(would like to add some N out the back as well), tru count clutches and JD air down bags, as well as 2 hyd drive motors. I am used to the PP on old planter--had lift/down air, finger meters, and row flow. My original plan was to set up the new one the same way and add goodies as I could afford, but I'm wondering if AL equipment would be a better way to go. I have purchased some used 2020 equipment(up/down bags with hyd compressor, display/field view with smart controller and some rums) but could resell those if need be. Would still need RowFlow module and switch box and cabling. I run integras for steering and tile plow, so am also familiar with operating them as well One other nice thing for PP is my brother works for a PP dealer.

What I'd like to have for this year over what it has now is the auto down pressure, especially with the 3bu boxes and be able to run the clutches and hyd drives. In the future, hyd down pressure and electric drives would be main things, and either PP or AL would be fine for me. Disregarding the equipment I have purchased, what would be the cheaper/easier way to go? Could AL control the PP compressor and down pressure? What options would I have for DP control with AL if it cant control AirForce? What equipment would I need from AL to run the planter?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)