AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Computer suggestions please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mojave
Posted 1/16/2017 21:16 (#5773181)
Subject: New Computer suggestions please

NE SD
I currently use a laptop for all my computing needs business and personal. However, it is getting bogged down and I would like to replace it with a desktop that can be set up to run two different displays, one for whatever I'm working on and one to stream market quotes and charts etc. I imagine the one used for market quotes I can set up to be split so I can display a quote screen as well as a couple charts etc. My question is can anyone suggest a system that would work well for this without slowing my work or surfing down even as my market quotes are streaming. To be fair I could do this with my laptop now by adding a display and then telling the computer to run two screens however it slows the cpu down considerably. I use pc's with windows 10 and have noticed that just running windows 10 is slower than windows 7 etc so is their an off the shelf system anyone would recommend? I could build one (ive done this before) if you recommend components that will be optimal etc. My experience is that a new computer will speed it up but I need something that will last for several years rather having to update it every few years. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)