AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chimney issues, anyone know?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 1/16/2017 19:37 (#5772889)
Subject: Chimney issues, anyone know?

Got a chimney my dad built in the building I use as a shop. He used 6" well casing, stood it up with my uncles crane truck at the time, sunk it in a concrete footer, then slid chimney block over it adding a clean out at the bottom, worked up to the thimble, welded another piece of fish mouthed 6" on and continued up with block to the top. We always burned wood in a home built wood stove and it worked well. This past year, last of the wood was gone, so I swapped out the home built stove as it had no grates, for a Rybolt coal stove. Been having issues with it holding a fire, not lighting easy, making no heat, etc. I know those stoves burn coal great, and I am burning the same coal at my house and it burns well in my home built coal stove, so it isn't the coal. Thought the chimney wasn't high enough over the peak, added 4 ft, same thing. Tore the pipe down between the stove and thimble over the weekend and was amazed it had next to zero draft. Everything is tight on the chimney? Why no draft? I asked some local guys and didn't get any clear answer. One said it was too small but I would think it still should have some draft? It's clean and has no obstructions? Thoughts on what I am missing?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)