AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad Samsung washer tale with pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jd7810
Posted 1/10/2017 20:14 (#5759018)
Subject: Bad Samsung washer tale with pictures

210 Industrial Dr., Arlington Wisconsin 53911
Our five year old front load Samsung washer was gradually getting bad vibrations in the spin
cycle. As I was busy at work my wife decided to get a repairman in to check it out. Seventy
six dollars later he told us to junk it and get a new one. His estimate to fix was north of $800.
What happened was the spider that holds the stainless steel drum had disintegrated to powder
due to dissimilar metals. The spider looks like pot metal. A call to Samsung and our dealer was
a waste of time. Even if we would have had an extended warranty we would still have to pay in the
area of two to three hundred. Being Mr Fix It and now mad I took it apart and found we caught
it before major destruction.I found a parts book on line and ordered a new spider, USA made
bearings, a new seal, o-ring, and a new heating element that had the wrong look. The spider they
sent was not an updated part although You Tube Videos show this has been a problem for many years.
In the picture I painted the spider with epoxy paint in an attempt to slow the corrosion. At least
its not a top loader that is now recalled due to blowing up in the spin cycle. My parts cost
was $230 and now working fine. Our previous washers both GE's each lasted 15+ years and did
a better job. When we built our house the builder recommended the dealer who sold us the Samsung.
Go to You Tube and put in Samsung washers. Some failed after only two years. Is this the quality
we have to put up with now and no company support?? It will take some time to go back to Samsung
for anything if ever.

Edited by jd7810 1/10/2017 20:27

(DSCN0997.JPG)

(DSCN0995.JPG)

(DSCN0996.jpg)

(DSCN0998.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN0997.JPG (93KB - 372 downloads)
Attachments DSCN0995.JPG (84KB - 359 downloads)
Attachments DSCN0996.jpg (92KB - 348 downloads)
Attachments DSCN0998.jpg (108KB - 336 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)