AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Accessing sports channels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/9/2017 12:55 (#5755771)
Subject: Accessing sports channels

southern MN
Well, any cable channels really.

Seems the cable and dish companies have carved out their turf as heavy on the sports entertainment, with a little HBO and such, as what thry want to hang on to.

Over the air is cheap shoes and infomercials and some local news.

Internet services appear to offer some oddball new shows and binge watching whole series any time you want.

So anyhow, I had a question, sorry.....

Can you access channels such as nbcsports or ESPN or the like without having a cable subscription to them?

It appears most of those channels have a 'free app' or you might get access to the. Through Roku or the like; but these only offer a pipeline to them, you still need to have them through cable or Dish to actually sign up and get the channel?

Is there any legit way to get those types of channels through the Internet by themselves? Apple, Roku, Amazon, Hulu, etc?

The descriptions of the apps or what you can access don't easily define if it's just access but stop ill locked out or if you actually can really get the channel.......

As I said, I understand the cable and sat companies are trying to hang on to the sports franchises exclusively, so it's hard to sort it all out.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)