AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leaving pickup unattended and idling in town
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Muddy Grapes
Posted 11/28/2016 00:43 (#5661400)
Subject: Leaving pickup unattended and idling in town

I commute about a 100 miles 3 times a week in an older diesel pickup. I always let the truck warm up, but sometimes I like to stop at the convenience store in the morning just a few miles from home to grab a cup of coffee for the road. On cold mornings it seems silly to shut the truck off for two minutes while I go inside, but I do it anyway for fear of someone jumping in the truck and taking off with it. Am I being paranoid? I like to think not, this is a small town, but we do have a "druggie" element around here, but crime is usually not too much of an issue. I do see others letting their truck idle, but it always seems like they have a large dog sitting in the passenger seat.

I just think it would be better for the truck to get the time to warm up before I rag on it in the hills for a 100 miles. Even with the idling at home, by the time I get to the store the truck is not even at full temp. Maybe I am just being over-protective, this is the nicest truck I've ever owned, I worked hard for it, and I probably love it a little too much... So what does everyone think? Anyone here let their pickup idle outside the store?

Edited by Muddy Grapes 11/28/2016 00:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)