AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm beginning to hate cell phones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

HeyhayJCM
Posted 10/22/2016 07:07 (#5594014)
Subject: I'm beginning to hate cell phones

central ohio..between Springville and Millbrook.
yesterday morning I was working and got a text from a long time friend saying "call me" . I was busy so I didn't call him back till after lunch. here's how the conversation went:
me: Hey buddy what's up?"
him: "what do you mean WHAT'S UP?"
me: "well I got your text to call so I'm calling u back"
him: "I sent that THIS MORNING" (in a very hurt voice)
me: "yeah , so?? I was busy..but I'm calling you back now. what did u need"?
him: "I wanted to talk about the Indians game last night" (again in a very hurt voice)

Seriously?? like that needed talked about IMMEDIATELY?? it seems as if you don't text ALL day long or return calls within 3 minutes people feel as if you are ignoring them.
it seems to bleed over into personal life as well. I feel , when I have to text a girl all frigging day long, there is nothing left to actually talk about IN PERSON when together at the end of the day.

I remember growing up that my dad (a home builder) would make all his calls to employees and Lumber yards at 7 a.m. and people and trucks would simply show up where and when they were supposed to. now it feels as if someone is going to be 2 minutes early or 1 minute late they have to spend 4 minutes on the phone to let you know , then they are upset if you don't answer your phone and just go home.
and what about these damned emojjis?? seems like every text you send you have to include a smiley face, frown face, crying face or clown face lest people mistake the "emotion " in your text. what ever happened to conveying emotion face to face??

does anyone else get frustrated by this phenomenon? if so, what have you done about it? Im about to throw my phone against a brick wall and go back to returning calls once a day from a black box wall mounted phone with a short curly cord.

Edited by HeyhayJCM 10/22/2016 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)