AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn yields Tara
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tiler
Posted 10/10/2016 07:23 (#5573525)
Subject: Corn yields Tara

SCIA
First of July, I was pretty low on the corn crop, here. Talked to our agronomist a couple of weeks ago and his statement was," We were 5 days from a mess". The rains in early July came in the nick of time. We have some really good yields and it is a testament to modern genetics.

The crop, here, on this farmer's land, will be number 1 or 2, with '09 as it's competition. In '09 the yields were achieved by massive yields on some fields
and below average COC. This year, so far, it has been yields in the good fields that are 25-30 BPA less then '09, but the COC is the same as the CB ground. Not sure what caused the difference. Other then '09 was a lot of first time COC. And, maybe, our COC planning and execution is better.

I know a lot of us were accused of killing the crop at the beginning of July, but, as I said earlier, it was close. That being said, the best number in the Wyffels works plot was a DG (drought guard) number (6946DG). it won by 20 BPH. Still have the 45 variety farm plot to harvest. Think yields there will
big, as it was planted May 9TH. And was under the major stress at a different time in it's growth cycle.

Beans: I find the few we have cut to be disappointing. SDS has taken the top out of the field. And, I fear that it what we will find as we get into cutting more this week, if it does not rain. We see some nice yields on the monitor, but they fall apart where there was any evidence of SDS. Hoping for a 50 BPA average. Right at APH.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)