AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Amazed and pleased
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 9/21/2016 18:28 (#5541510)
Subject: Amazed and pleased

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Our family has farmed for an "absentee" landlord family for 75 years, and have become dear friends over the long time relationship. The family comes back for a few days' visit once a year, and this week is timeframe.  

This year, they brought us a video on a CD. Assuming that it was a montage video made up of photos, we were appreciative of the time and thoughtfulness in creating it.  BUT..........when I popped it in the player to view it, I was greeted by color video footage of equipment and activities that took place on their farm and on other farms. Not surprising, you think? How 'bout the fact this color footage was from as early as 1939....the very first year that color film for home movie cameras was even available??  I am absolutely stunned by what I saw and what the rest of my family has yet to enjoy.

I saw full color movies of my grandparents, mother and aunt in 1940-41. My mom was a freshman in high school, my grandma was 38 years old. Pictures are great, and I've seen lots since our family has always taken lots of snapshots. But imagine seeing a movie with your mom leading a pair of Belgian horses across the barnlot. Your granddad behind a team on a sickle mower or a manure spreader. Laughing at a funny story under a shade tree in the back yard where you grew up. I am simply amazed and so grateful to these people for making it available to us. 

Sorry to ramble................just had to share....  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)