AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on moving a bulk feed bin (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

SeaBee Farmer
Posted 8/30/2016 09:28 (#5498924)
Subject: Update on moving a bulk feed bin (pics)

Eastern Iowa
A couple weeks back I asked on here how to best move a 6’ bulk feed bin. We went and got it early last week, ended up hooking a ratchet strap on opposite sides of the “neck” at the top, pulled one side with a small loader to tip while we lowered the other side down with strap hooked to a pickup. We put a hay bale in the loader bucket to keep from denting/scratching the side when it got to the point of resting on the loader bucket. Once laid over raised the top by the “neck” a few feet and backed a 6’x12’ U-Haul open top trailer under it. (Tipping into a raised grain truck was great idea, unfortunately I don’t have access to a grain truck with a hoist). I thought the bin would fit snugly into the 6’ trailer but much to my happy surprise it is 7’ wide not 6’. It rested nicely on the sides of the trailer. Once home I put a strap through the inside, lifted with loader and pulled trailer out from under, tipped it up the same way we lowered at sellers place, it is up (with only a few minor scratches) and now has feed in it. Thank you all for your suggestions in moving!!

(IMG_3707.JPG)

(IMG_3711.jpg)

(IMG_3712.jpg)

(IMG_3734.jpg)

(IMG_3738.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3707.JPG (179KB - 156 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3711.jpg (103KB - 146 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3712.jpg (110KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3734.jpg (109KB - 150 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3738.jpg (259KB - 135 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)