AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 458 corn dryer pictures/ 45 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

grainbinder
Posted 8/29/2016 23:49 (#5498458)
Subject: John Deere 458 corn dryer pictures/ 45 combine

western WI
Looking through some old photos and found these relics. From the early and mid 80's.
A little history would probably be nice. Grandpa in the combine photo, my dad, me in the red shirt and my little brother on the railing. Grandpa bought the 45 brand new in 1957, that photo was 1985 and am thinking it was the last year he ran it, picture taken before going out for the day. Dryer pics: single original dryer taken at the home farm in 1983 with a 720 diesel standard attached (not in photo). Grandpa along with his brother bought this dryer in 1967 out of Buffalo, MN and they pulled it right through University Ave. in the Twin Cities to get it home. Pair of dryers taken at my uncles farm, the one not hooked up was waiting on belts I believe. They bought the 2nd dryer in 84 from a farmer near Rochester, MN. (I remember hauling that thing across the old wood plank Wabasha, MN bridge.....scary!) 620 grandpa bought new. (Notice the 2x4 with trouble light attached sticking up from the elevator on the dryer for night operations.) Still have all of them, wanting to restore the 45.

Edited by grainbinder 8/30/2016 03:36

(Scan458dryer.jpg)

(Scan1983-458.jpg)

(scanGr.45.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Scan458dryer.jpg (102KB - 147 downloads)
Attachments Scan1983-458.jpg (96KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments scanGr.45.jpg (67KB - 152 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)