AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 8/7/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 8/7/2016 08:01 (#5455332)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 8/7/16*****

Good Sunday Morning. Where did the week go? Into August a week already, everyone is gearing up to get kids ready for school, and the kids are probably complaining. I know we are trying to get some grandson time scheduled before my surgery too.

We had another 1.5 to 2 inches of rain this week. The sand ground is loving this. Dave is wondering where we can go with all the hay. A good problem to have.

Let's talk about why we over eat. Is it stress, boredom, mindless eating, habit, or just because it tastes good and momentarily makes you feel good? For me, it is four of the five things I mentioned. Stress is the one thing that makes me not eat. So guess I need more stress in my life. Now how do we handle some of the things that send us to the kitchen? Boredom is easy, get up and do something. Don't sit in front of the tv and eat. There is always something to do in or around the house and farm. Mindless eating is hard because you find yourself eating something without thinking about it first. So maybe if you find yourself grabbing something, put it down, wait ten minutes and if you still want it, then eat it. Just because it tastes good is a hard one to deal with. Some foods just comfort you, so maybe you need to find something else that comforts you. You your imagination there.

So, how was your week? For Dave and me our camping week did some damage. I did weigh last Monday and from that weigh in, I did lose a pound, but not what I had gained from camping. Dave just said "oh my" to his weigh in. Time to reboot and try again.

I hope your week was a good one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)