AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

40 years ago
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 7/25/2016 12:21 (#5431494)
Subject: 40 years ago

Coldwater, Michigan
My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary yesterday the 24th of July.

We spent Friday and Saturday and yesterday morning in Livonia, Michigan (Detroit Area) with a bunch of former Seabees at my Battalion Reunion. Had a ball, but a bit sad too. I was the youngest one there (66). MCB 6 was decommissioned in October of 1969. I was 20 years old the day they decommissioned the Battalion. There have been no more potential members of MCB 6 Association added since then because there is no Battalion, and we know the death notice has been posted as far as how far down the road the Association is going to be able to go. It is inevitable, just not when.

In the meantime Diane and I had a ball. First Seabee Reunion we had gone to!

As for our 40th celebration: We went to the Seabee Associations Dinner Dance on Saturday night and got away from the group Sunday Morning after church and toured corn fields around the greater Lansing, Michigan area into the afternoon!

Diane has been great to put up me this long. I robbed the cradle to get her. The year I was a senior in High School she had my mother as her 7th grade Home Ec teacher. I graduated HS, went to Purdue University till my draft board got after me in the summer of 1968, I dropped out of College and joined the Seabees. When I got off of Active duty, I went back to Purdue, and was there for 1 1/2 years before Diane showed up at Purdue as a Freshman.

I was an officer in the Purdue Bands and Diane was in the Process of Joining the band at the time we met. We had never met each other prior to that time in spite of my mother having her as a student. Turns out I knew most of her school friends, just not her.

After 40 years I am still having to train her once in a while! I think I will keep her!

Edited by Bill Moyer 7/25/2016 12:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)