AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

used pivot ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 7/24/2016 08:52 (#5429077)
Subject: used pivot ?

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Just got a quote on a short valley system 1000ft long going to be a wiper and only cover 37ac of sand ---SW Indiana usually get rain- but when it don't sand SUCKS --

FWIW have a system on this farm and the well and pump will support the additional 37 acres will only need to run 8" pip pipe and wire so my costs will be the pivot and about 10K for the pipe and wire got a quote for 70K for the pivot installed--divides to $2200 per ac-- doesn't pencil out great

Thinking about checking into a used pivot - we have the equip and expertise to install- an old control panel would be OK we put on net irrigate- works good to shut down and check if running--also this pivot would not spray on road so no need to shut off end gun---do not run the HRS as you guys out west and covering that few acres would not get many hrs on it at all

Is this a good idea and if so where would I find a used pivot --only want Valley that's what our other pivots are and I am fair at trouble shooting and repair we have a three that were installed in the 70's- learned a lot over the years --problem is always the last place I look LOL

Any help greatly appreciated -not many sources for used equip in SW IN

Dan

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)