AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White mold, cobra, and BigboyFloyd
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Beanstubble
Posted 7/23/2016 23:33 (#5428678)
Subject: White mold, cobra, and BigboyFloyd

Needed to start a new thread in response to Wisconsinred's thread a bit earlier. BigboyFloyd, very curious to your R3 timing on the Cobra "and will absolutely eliminate the possibility of white mold". R3 seems late to be burning the beans?.. Not flaming you, just looking to learn.

"here" in W MN, the, or my, practice has been to apply the Cobra at R1. I have done it R2-R3 with terrible results. 20 bushels off and white mold. My application was only 6 oz though...maybe that was the difference? This year I did 10 0z Cobra @ R1. Burns no more than 3 oz. as far as I can see. The 10 oz. was suggested by the Valent rep. I was only applying for white mold control. No weed issues.

In years past we have had to apply Cobra late...R3ish maybe a bit later due to weed issues. Again, very bad results yield wise and weed control.

I do trials every year, Endura, Cobra, Priaxor, Approach, Topsin. Generally a 2 pass treatment of different combinations. The Cobra is just a 1 pass. That is where your "absolutely eliminate the possibility of white mold" statement caught my attention. I like 1 pass!!! I did follow up a strip of cobra with some Priaxor this year just to see. FYI I am shooting for 70 bu. and usually seem to be disappointed with less than 60 bu with what I have invested. This is mostly under pivot irrigation.

For all you white mold guru's out there, I have some Topsin left over, beans are R3. I am not big on Topsin, as I know many of you are not also. I have some 30 inch row no tilled beans that seemed to not have much potential, until now. This is under a pivot. Would you burn up the Topsin now or save it till next year? Or...get the Cobra back out?

Did I say I like one pass? ;>)

Big boy, can I ask what surfactant's and or oils and gal/acre.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)