AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Combine Value Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD Farm 3
Posted 7/22/2016 10:28 (#5425320)
Subject: Used Combine Value Question

NW Illinois
I'm looking at a 1987 Case IH 1660 combine with an IH engine and has 3400 hours. It has come from an excellent home and has had excellent machine maintenance. I was able to obtain the last 5 years with of service records from the dealer and the previous owner did not spare expense when it was worked on. Over the past 5 years between parts and labor he spent about $20,000. If it needed it, it got it. The reason the machine is being sold is because the owner recently passed away from an illness. I have went and looked at it in person and was told by two people that new the owner that the machine got waxed every year and it shows! Every other year it went in to the dealership for inspections. The machine only harvested 400 acres a year. The cab is in great shape and the motor runs great!

I do know it does not have a chopper on it which for me it not the end of the world and the rear tires will need replaced with in the next year or so. The fronts are 70%.

Also, if I would buy the combine the Hydo pump shaft will be replaced along with the belt. I priced those parts out through a dealer and those parts are about a $1,000 which does not include labor.

I know the grain markets are down and I'm curios if the used equipment market is following as well?

From the information I have provided, what do you think is a fair value for this machine? Machine only, no heads.

If you need any more information let me know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)