AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White planter 9500 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 7/21/2016 16:37 (#5423879)
Subject: White planter 9500 questions

SW WI
I'm working on putting together a 20" planter for next year. Making some headway on this project, looks like my base machine might be a White 9500 frame.

I need information on adding row cleaners. I think I'm limited to a single wheel. Will a hydraulic adjust system work? Just started looking and looked at the Dawn website. On my current 20" planter (White 8600 frame). I have Dawn single wheel, Manuel adjust, the turn screw thing. Works good, but I'm getting some grief from others about not adjusting enough for different field conditions. I would like to see how much more $ that would add to my project.

Same for hydraulic down pressure. Anyone run this on a White planter? How do you get along with it. I'm back and forth on it. Currently I have the spring setup. Maybe hydraulic deal would be better? Worth the money? A few guys in my area tried the air system and were disappointed. They said go hydraulics or keep the springs.

Just thinking about these upgrades from basics so I can see if I can justify the $ Thanks.

Edited by mikado 7/21/2016 16:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)