AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dewault 20v cordless weed eater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/21/2016 06:40 (#5422900)
Subject: Dewault 20v cordless weed eater

I bought my wife a 20v Dewault weed eater this spring. Worked great till we had to put new string on the spool. Now it won't release the spring when you tap the head on the ground. I've read the instructions several times. It says to wind the spring in a specific direction which is marked on the spool which I am doing. Instructions also say to wrap the string in level layers. That's my problem.I can wind it level for a few wraps but then it becomes impossible to keep the layers level as the string deveolpes a "valley" when going back the other. When I put the head back on it will work fine till the string unwinds a layer then breaks where it has wrapped over itself at which point the head has to be taken off and another wrap exposed. Sorry if that doesn't make sense but not sure how to explain it any better. Is this common for these stringers? Just wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong.> She also has a Ryobi cordless stringer that the string comes on a prewrapped spool which she can replace herself but the batteries no longer will stayed charged for very long. We have a couple gas powered weed eaters & I have never had a poblem restring either of them but she is unable to start them.

Thanks for the hep
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)