AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good thing my boy is forgiving...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 6/17/2016 13:39 (#5360729)
Subject: Good thing my boy is forgiving...

Frytown, Iowa
I was talking on the phone for business and my son comes walking in from outside... I hush him because he's trying to tell me something... All of a sudden he's bent over on the kitchen floor and I see a bug crawling across the floor... Now since I just sprayed home defense insecticide the other day you could say my subconscious mind was to kill insects... So I bent down while still on call and squashed the bug...

Now I did miss part of the conversation because my boy says in a whimper "but dad that was my lightning bug!" And proceeded to start crying... I kind of directed the phone call to end but by that time my son was halfways outside to tell momma that dad squashed his lightning bug!

Had to call him back in and apologize lol... He said he wanted the lightning bug in his jar (he has two other bugs in there). Man I felt like crap. Told him I'm so sorry and to get another really cool bug like that and I'll help you get it in the jar...
He says "that's ok dad I'll get anothern"

I guess I'll think twice before killing a bug in our house! Could be the new family pet...

(image.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (70KB - 174 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)