AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenmore electric range - clear error and parts source?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jdchevy25
Posted 5/22/2016 17:41 (#5314862)
Subject: Kenmore electric range - clear error and parts source?

Kansas City area
Have a Kenmore electric range, tried to start a self cleaning cycle on it and got an F9 error. Based on research that I have done, this indicates an issue with the door latch. I have inspected the motor for the latch on the back, all of the wires look to be in good shape and nothing apparent that is wrong with it.

The manual and everything I find on line indicate that I can abort the cleaning procedure simply by pressing the off button, but I have been unable to. I have pulled the power from it, unhooked the ribbon cable from the control unit, held the off button for 20 seconds or more, nothing will seem to get it to abort. When I plug it back in it goes straight to clean, then the error reappears. None of the buttons will do anything, other than clear will stop the alarm tone for maybe 20 seconds before it pops up again. Any ideas how to get this thing to clear the error so it will function again? It is a useless brick at the moment.

I am thinking I can probably repair it myself, and can probably afford to by a couple parts before paying a repair bill. Any good online sources come to mind for those parts? Looks like there are some on Amazon even. Haven't determined 100% exactly what part number I need yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)