AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2015 Ford Super Duty Climate Control problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 5/1/2016 14:20 (#5275917)
Subject: 2015 Ford Super Duty Climate Control problem

Southwest Iowa
I purchased a used 2015 Ford F350 two months ago that has the touch screen radio/climate control and it also has the buttons below the touch screen to control the radio and the air conditioning/heater. When adjusting the temperature, the control goes in increments of 1 degree from 60 to 90. This vehicle seems to not be able to fine tune the temperature while it's being used. It was pretty cool here this morning, so on the way to church, we started off having the heater/defrost on at the highest level. After 10 minutes or so, I tried dialing the temperature down to 80 but the actual temp didn't feel like it changed, so I just lowered the fan speed all the way down. After a few more minutes, it was getting too hot in there so I continued messing with the temperature but not getting any different results. The temperature didn't actually change from hot to cold until I took it all the way down to 60 degrees, the coldest it will operate. Once I felt the air change from hot to cold, I tried taking the temperature back up some so we wouldn't freeze in there. After going from 60 up to 75 and not feeling any difference in the temperature, I just gave up and tried to find a happy medium that we could live with until I asked about this problem, which I think there is one, and go from there.

Has anybody had this issue with this year/style of pick up? I think I've heard something about a door in the system that might not be closing/opening correctly which is why the temperature doesn't seem to change like it should. Could that be my issue? I'm assuming it's something that I won't be able to diagnose/fix myself so I'm wanting to give the dealership as much info about what's happening and happened to others as I can.

Thanks for any replies!

Marbro1

Edited by marbro1 5/1/2016 14:21

(20160501_093208.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20160501_093208.jpg (75KB - 162 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)