AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures from N.Carolina drive today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/28/2016 21:31 (#5270505)
Subject: Pictures from N.Carolina drive today.

nw NC
Had to take a drive into two neighboring counties today so I took along a camera. Saw a few things of interest that I made pictures of.
1.& 2. Land not yet sprayed or planted growing a crop of buttercup weeds. Do not know if this farm will be planted as there was a sign stating " For Sale... 450 Acres".
3. Corn up and growing. I saw several fields along my route with corn this stage. Also some fields just out of ground a few days . There were more fields planted but not up yet and more acreage sprayed but not yet planted.
4.& 5. My wheat that will be chopped for the silo next week. It has cereal leaf beetle larva feeding quite bad. There is also hairy vetch seeded with the wheat.
I saw a lot of wheat and barley fields in full head stage but did not see any of those fields with cereal leaf feeding. Wonder why just my wheat? Last had wheat on the farm two years ago, also for silage. Nearest wheat from here (not mine) is two miles away and I have not noticed feeding in it, however I will look at it tomorrow just to satisfy my curiosity.
Also saw small grain fields that had already been harvested as silage. All grasslands are ready to cut for hay. It is very short due to little rainfall for last six weeks. Hay will yield at best, maybe one third of usual. Pastures are grazed down too. Definitely need rain here.
6. Rain shower that missed me by about 6 miles

Edited by WJKEIGER 4/28/2016 21:40

(010 (Large).JPG)

(009 (Large).JPG)

(011 (Large).JPG)

(014 (Large).JPG)

(016 (Large).JPG)

(024 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 010 (Large).JPG (96KB - 127 downloads)
Attachments 009 (Large).JPG (114KB - 139 downloads)
Attachments 011 (Large).JPG (175KB - 121 downloads)
Attachments 014 (Large).JPG (188KB - 119 downloads)
Attachments 016 (Large).JPG (88KB - 119 downloads)
Attachments 024 (Large).JPG (116KB - 119 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)