AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Special Olympics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

partimer
Posted 4/18/2016 10:12 (#5249570)
Subject: Special Olympics

Northwest Iowa
My son had his local Special Olympics competition last Saturday. There were lots of people there. Some participants and many supporters. It is a well organized event with many corporate sponsors involved as well. While I am sympathetic to the people with special needs, there is part of me that also realizes that they are here by God's plan. Those that are involved in their lives are affected and possibly directed in their life path. Many of us get tied up in our own jobs and families. Will what we are doing really make a difference in the world? I had illusions at one time that I was going to change the world. I'd doubt I end up having much effect in the end. My daughters have been affected as 2 are in health care because of their brother's health needs. Niece and nephew are the same. That part is reassuring. Interesting that when we adopted our boy, he was 7 and only grunted. Local speech teacher said, we will fix that! He is Down syndrome and can be hard to understand but he is hugely improved. He loves to help at church and works at a pizza place cleaning tables and delivering pizzas to tables. He has to be reminded to keep going as he stops and talks as everybody knows him. All he wants to do is go to college and work. It frustrates the heck out of me that so many are just lagging along and not using any of the abilities God gave them. By the way, he won his race so he is going to state!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)