AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exact emerge row controllers going bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tex
Posted 2/21/2016 18:08 (#5127332)
Subject: Exact emerge row controllers going bad

After going to the field on a new 24-30 I had a row controller on row 16 go bad after making 2 rounds , then after 10 hours of operation I had row controller fail on row 10. I want to keep one in my inventory but was told by the tech that when they replaced the first failed controller it came up blank in the meter readings until they programmed it with their computer into the back wire harness of the planter . They have to put in the serial number of the controller then a green check mark appears on the meter readings for that unit. Is there any way I can buy a controller and have the software loaded into it so I can put it on any row unit that goes bad? This is going to be fustrating if I have to call a tech to program the controllers every time they go out. I need to have the ability to put them on and go and not be down after hours or on weekends. They are not cheap at $908 per unit but I do not mind having one extra. I just need to be able to stick it on and go. I bought a extra brush belt assembly also for spare. Are there any other parts that fail that I need to stock? Two conrollers in 10 hours on a new planter doesnt sound good. Did they have a bad run on their first controllers . Is there a pip on that?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)