AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cat 3406C jake brake issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Krzewina Farms
Posted 2/7/2016 07:36 (#5093643)
Subject: Cat 3406C jake brake issue

Crivitz, WI
Last year truck was in at cat getting injectors and they adjusted the valves but couldn't get the rear jake adjusted. They figured the valves were wore too far and didn't want to chance having a valve hit a piston. so we unhooked them. Fast forward to January motor had other issues and we figured may as well re do the head and we ended up overhauling the whole motor as it had more issues. getting it back together I adjusted the valves and then went to do the jakes and found I can't get #5 adjusted which I'm assuming is the one the Cat dealer couldn't get as well. What I found is my push rod on #5 has about 25-30 thousandths more thread then the others and on the bridges about 35-40 thousandths less then the others. The jakes need 67 thousandths and I'm only getting 50 thousands on # 5 cylinder. I took the jake off and made sure the legs were all level with each other and what not. So.. did the guy that re did the head screw up? Apparently the head wasn't too bad he said and I think he reused the valves. I hope I'm all wrong on this because pulling the head after being this far does not sound appealing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Cyl head.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Cyl head.JPG (88KB - 126 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)