AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bucket calves.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jedstivers
Posted 2/6/2016 21:36 (#5093292)
Subject: Bucket calves.

Marianna Arkansas
Have read on here about bucket calves for a while. This year I started all I have that way and I really like them. In the past I have just gotten potloads in and turned them out on grazing. Then we started feeding off a tmr and that was better but not a good as starting them in a small pen with 5 gallon buckets. I am going to get a cake feeder to use after they are on pasture but that will still keep them coming and I'll spend time out of the truck at the bunk with them too. I'm hoping all the trader cows leave in April. Have a bunch of calves to go then too. After that I want to just stay on the 5wt steers (90% bulls when they come here) and start groups of at most 20 at a time. I've even decided if there's one or two in a group that never settles down while they are in the small lot he's going to go right back to the barn. He won't get the chance to go to Oak City, at least not on my ride. I can handle the rougher ones, with the trader cows we get some tough ones but I've really come to the conclusion that I'll let someone else have those. And the kind that won't come into the catch pen and waste all your time. I'm really liking nice calm calves that run up to see you.

Edited by jedstivers 2/6/2016 21:37

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

(image.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpeg (192KB - 42 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (211KB - 40 downloads)
Attachments image.jpeg (169KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)