AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean population
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 1/29/2016 00:03 (#5071585)
Subject: Soybean population

Hello. Was at a soybean meeting, and some talk about some things I have not heard for a long time.
in my neck of the woods, we always planted "a bag an acre".......roughly 140,000 seeds per acre.....at our meetings that is
what was said.....and two of our major elevators have said it too.
not all of our ground is nice, level good ground.....and seems that is what all the stuff was based off of.
they are now looking at "land yield expectation"....something we haven't seen before........so we are seeing
where the optium is 80,000 to 100,000.......interesting, for "moderate yield potential...i.e. 40 but...was around
100,000. interesting, the "economic potential".....population was 55000 !!! due to low prices and costs.

so........what is everyone out there planting for population.........such as "good" ground, and then the poorer
or "medium levels".

the other thing was about putting everything but the kitchen sink on the bean seed.......remember we put fungicide,
insecticide and micro elements on the seed, along with inoculant...as I had speculated.......the treatments are
having a negative impact on nodulation......thusly, yield.......has anyone else noticed this....or tested
for this in field trials ?

also sound like RR2 are loosing interest...due to resistance, and we need to use pre emerge.....and different chemicals
other than roundup....thusly a move to CONVENTIAL beans, due to not needed RR trait. due to resistance to
round up, and why pay a $12 fee for technology that doesn't help, so just put on pre, and not need
the expensive seed.

also, data now showing that (at these economic levels)...that micro's don't help that much, and using iron cleate
for high ph beens, is not cost efficient.....at almost $30 an acre....and maybe a 1 or 2 bu bump.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)