AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conventional corn in my plot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

magnumman
Posted 1/28/2016 07:06 (#5069317)
Subject: Conventional corn in my plot

NW Central Iowa (Fort Dodge)
We planted about 90% conventional last year and don't regret it one bit. Next year will will be doing the same thing but planting a little more Pioneer AM corn, so more like 70%, I did have a couple more Pioneer Conv numbers that was not in my plot but were very good like 1498 C, 589 C. Next year to add to the list we will have a couple channel conventional numbers as well as some more LG/Agrigold numbers. We have to keep cost low and I think this is a great way to do so as long as you don't have big rootworm pressures. My average per bag for 2016 is $163 and $68 / ac
The 40-xx Titan Pro are conv - The 40-05 and 40-03 had some logging in the big fields so we are not going to plant that next year, but with the wind that we had just about everything was a little banged up. My corn on corn acres I don not plant conventional usually I have at least a vt3 or at least root worm protection like the titan pro 81a10 which is awesome corn. Had a 40 ac field of that corn on corn make 249 bu/ac this year.

Edited by magnumman 1/28/2016 07:14

(Plot.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Plot.JPG (74KB - 324 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)