AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Applying 28% in Furrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wesslmnn
Posted 11/30/2015 16:28 (#4929272)
Subject: Applying 28% in Furrow

Southern Illinois
Is there any way to apply 28% in furrow without possibly impacting your germination? Not looking for large volume of N, just enough to have something close to all plants in these wet springs. We split apply NH3 with 50% pre-plant and 50% post plant and in our soils it just seems like we battle streaking throughout our fields every other year. I know that is a consequence of the NH3 not moving in the soil and probably some sidewall compaction from putting it on a little wet but like a lot of years, sometimes you just have to go. My hope was to apply the 28% as close to the seed as possible to work through that period where some of the plants aren't getting to the NH3, but I also know that there is such a thing as too close. Can I dilute the 28% at a given rate and get it to a safer level or am I spinning my wheels and I just need to go to a 2 x 2 banding. Not much desire to put P & K down as our levels are very healthy and not much is used in liquid form around us and pricing it just does not look prudent at $3.75 corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)