AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4H projects
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bharzman
Posted 11/19/2015 08:06 (#4906038)
Subject: 4H projects

North Central Kansas
If a lot of you are like me, and have kids in 4H then you have a box, shelf, attic full of projects.
I wanted a clock in my shop and wanted my kids to help me put it in there, so the brainstorming began.
We went to hobby lobby and got a 24" wall clock kit $35 with a 40% off coupon.
Then we walked around looking at numbers. $3 a number! $45 in numbers, and they were not that big.
We looked and looked, and walked and BOOM.
I said...what about using your photographs you took to the fair as numbers?!?!?
Ones that went to State Fair were a no brainer. After that it's just what I liked. It did not matter if red, blue, purple, it's my shop, so my pick.

My wife took 6 O'clock. It is by far the coolest. There is an old grainery just to the west of this diesel tank. When the sun is just right in Aug it leaves the shadow of the "witches hat" on the tank.

9 O'clock is the most talked about. Chicken gutting time. My daughter took it, and my wife said over my dead body does that go to the fair. The judge LOVED it. It was not a horse, or cow, or toes, or ......... it was life! It was a photo of a chicken she took to the fair the year before. Real ag, real life!

3 O'clock is the worst time. Thistle digging. But as you can see 2 ribbons, thus State Fair.

2 O'clock does not show well sorry. The sun is shinning brightly through the tree and it appears to be a golden cross

This is my brag boad, or brag clock as I call it. No matter what time it really is, its memory time all around.

(IMG_5005.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_5005.JPG (104KB - 143 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)