AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Turkey litter vs. liquid dairy injection fall vs. spring (4 pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

abarsn180
Posted 11/5/2015 09:50 (#4878391)
Subject: Turkey litter vs. liquid dairy injection fall vs. spring (4 pics)

WC MN
This was my last conventional year as I'm transitioning to organic (pencils out better for my small acreage). To be certified I need to use manure fertilizer. I haven't been able to find any turkey manure/litter sources but there's a 1300 cow dairy 1.5-2 miles from my land that might be able to inject manure in the spring for $50/acre. I'm wondering about the pros and cons of dry turkey litter spreading & incorporation in the fall vs. spring liquid dairy manure injection (N availability, cost, etc.).

This is for 60 acres of soybeans and 60 acres of wheat. The 60 going into wheat that was beans this year hasn't been chisel plowed yet as I was hoping to find turkey litter to have spread before plowing (the other 60 has already been plowed). If I go with the spring injection should I plow that 60 before winter or leave it and let them do the job for me when they are injecting (dairy says doesn't matter tilled or not for injecting).

Sorry for so many questions I'm completely new to the manure world. Pics are soil tests and fert reccomendations for 2016. This spring I applied 30-75-40 (DAP & Potash) for the beans following wheat and 100-55-50 (DAP, potash, urea) for wheat following beans.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (132KB - 45 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (125KB - 46 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (119KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (104KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)