AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yeast, probiotics for mature cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 10/9/2015 22:36 (#4832111)
Subject: Yeast, probiotics for mature cattle

Anyone have any successes or at least ROI with any of these products that are commonly referred to "probiotics" which are basically good bacteria added to the rumen to aid in digestion and maximize the amount of nutrients digested out of their diet while also minimizing digestive disturbances by keeping the gut at optimum ph to handle different feeds. Many companies are promoting these products, some are referred to as YeaSacc in equine but more and more are marketing for utilization in beef and dairy diets and mineral programs to maximize feed efficiency in the form of aspergillosis orgyae.

Any real life stories out there. The concept seems good in theory the way I understand it but I find it hard to believe. I've used probiotics that were suppose to do the same things got humans and saw no difference do I think it's a bunch of bunk, especially when you consider that most of those products are suppose to be refrigerated only to be able to buy them off the shelf at room temp. Never understood that.

So does it make a difference or not?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)