AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It can happen to your kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 6/29/2015 11:42 (#4652295)
Subject: It can happen to your kids

West of Broken Bow
This is an old subject, but it is still very much a valid issue.

Please warn your kids well about the dangers of using drugs. Whether they are illegal street drugs or the prescription kind, they can cause your life and the family members' lives to crash and burn. If it takes showing them up close what addiction does to people, do it.

A relative of mine, who is still a teenager, went away to college and came back home a total mess. She comes from a wealthy home and grew up in an upscale neighborhood. Both kids attended fancy prep schools. I'm sure they must've been warned about drugs before, but I guess at least the daughter didn't listen well enough.

We don't know if she was already experimenting prior to heading off to college in another state. Right now she is in jail. She became a monster all of a sudden and is now a danger to both parents. It's best I don't elaborate on some things. Prior to being arrested she was treated at a facility after being hospitalized.

Her parents are now very much afraid of their own daughter. It's hard for everyone that knew her to accept the changes in everything about her. Her brain chemistry has obviously been altered and so she no longer even talks like the same person.
The whole thing has almost destroyed her family. It's that bad.
Many people are praying for the daughter and the family.

You hear and read about this stuff, but to see it up close is hard to fully describe in words alone. We still don't know for certain just what all she was taking. She got involved with the wrong crowd and it nearly took her life. Her parents are blaming each other for this. Neither one can believe it's really their child who has done such things.

***Please don't think it can't happen to your kid***
My relatives sure didn't. I suppose they may have thought it was mainly poor people whose kids do drugs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)