AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions on prevent plant soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BobinIL
Posted 6/26/2015 09:24 (#4646924)
Subject: Questions on prevent plant soybeans

Danville, Illinois
This is the first time i have ever had to even consider PP on soybeans. but here is my dilemma. I currently have a small piece of ground that is always wet. This year it just never dried out and the June 20 date came and went. Now I have started to pencil out taking PP on it. right now if I took the 60% it would cover my expenses, rent and fertilizer that I have put into this piece and I would break even or maybe make $20.00 an acre. It is currently raining and rain has been forecast for most of next week. Best case to get this field planted now would be 2nd or 3rd week of July. When I talk to my agent about this he keep telling me I have to plant it or else they could deny my claim if no one else has any PP in the area. If I do plant it this late I would stand about an 80%-90% chance I will loose money on this ground. But the insurance co would be happy because the 20BPA it may make will reduce their pay out but cost me $$$. Is it true that they will deny my claim or is the agent giving me bad advice. There are a couple other fields in the area not planted but who knows if they are going to try to plant in late July or take PP also. Makes one wonder whose revenue protection this policy is for mine or the insurance company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)