AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video to Ipad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 6/15/2015 18:41 (#4628407)
Subject: Video to Ipad

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day from Australia.

In our church we currently have a Video camera. It is a Canon Digital Video Camcorder Pal MVX3i . I am pretty sure there is a CD in the Video camera packing box to load onto a computer to download any recording. Will check this out today.

It is linked by cable to a meeting room so that if there is an overflow crowd as happens for some funerals, the proceedings are on a flat screen TV with full sound in the meeting room. People appreciate this.

We also currently use audio tapes to record worship services, which can be played to 'shut ins' who formerly came to church.

The idea is now to record the service on the video, and [if possible] make it available on a couple of Ipads for these mostly old folk.

A local computer tech told me that we would need someone with plenty of time to in his words "process and render' the recording into a form suitable to load onto an Ipad.

So -  a couple of questions!

1. Is the Canon MVX3i  [with currently 8Mb ] suitable to record about 80 to 90 minutes.

2. What would we then need to create an Ipad compatible file .

As you can guess, the process would be repeated weekly. Further down the track we may even look at either simulcasting to another town, [doubtful!]  or at least being able to play the recording via a video projector and large screen at a later date.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have always found NAT very helpful for farming machinery and computer questions in the past.

Thanks.

Harold

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)