AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray nozzles for a RoGator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hesston8465a
Posted 5/28/2015 23:02 (#4596809)
Subject: Spray nozzles for a RoGator

Parsons Kansas
A buddy of mine would like for me to operate a RoGator for him. Model 1074 with 120' booms.

I have done some spraying before but with a much smaller sprayer. Pickup style sprayer with 42' booms and manual everything. No rate controller or GPS. Just a spray pickup. I have the TeeJet XR 800? tips on it. Always liked how they sprayed. Spraying alfalfa mainly.

Trying to pick out a set of spray nozzles for this RoGator. Spraying mainly RR alfalfa with glyphosafate (sp), some insecticides, possibly some Pursuit, and other stuff labeled for alfalfa that it may need.

Going to try to shoot for 15-20 gallons of water per acre for good coverage. As far as a speed probably 8-10mph at least until I get the hang of this thing. Possibly a little faster but he actually bought a HUGE sprayer for no more acres then it will be running over, so no need to go blistering fast. Nozzles are set on 20" centers.

May try to do a little foliar feeding of the alfalfa which I know will require a different tip. Just all depends on what the owner decides to do.

Been looking at my spray book and it looks like the best choices are Turbo TwinJet or a DG TwinJet. Both nozzles are Very Good to Excellent for contact and systemic herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. I'm not familiar with these tips at all, just going by what the book says. If anyone has some more input I'm all ears. Just a lot different sprayer and a lot bigger scale then what I'm used to. I understand the spraying concept just equipment a lot bigger!

Thanks for reading all this rambling and offer any advice ya want, I'm listening. If you have questions ask and I'll answer the best I can. Thanks Darren
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)