AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Herbicde
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

zscherf
Posted 5/24/2015 21:36 (#4589169)
Subject: Herbicde

Not a really experienced corn grower, my neighbor has always just sprayed round up post in one pass and nothing else. He is who taught me alot of what I know so far about corn growing. This year I got my corn in a lot sooner on some sand ground i picked up and its needing to be sprayed. In an effort to avoid having to respray later in the year i looked into a post herbicide with some kind of residual. I saw that Halex Gt has a lot of good reviews, my question is should i just spray the round up and wait and if needed spray again later or just get try the Halex for some residual control. The cost difference is pretty big. Halex is about $45 a gallon I believe, round up would be much less. What would you do? Is there another herbicide i should look into? I know a lot depends on the weeds type and height i just want a little general advice. Marestail is one weed i will be trying to kill. Is roundup effective on it? I dont think it is the resistant type, no resistant weeds here to speak of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)