AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was this an agtalk approved pull? (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 3/30/2015 21:53 (#4487414)
Subject: Was this an agtalk approved pull? (pic)

south central IOWA
Checked cows at 5 tonight and didn't see anything and stopped and specifically told this cow to hurry up and spit her baby out in this nice weather since she was looking close.

About 7 I check them before going home and she's got a foot sticking out but it's upside down. Call dad as he's watching one of his calve so he can help me get her in close to the head gate. Got her in the lot and she wasn't showing any feet by then so decided to give her some time by herself since I figured she was early on.

About 20 minutes later I went to check on her to see if feet were showing yet and they weren't so decided to get her in the head gate and see for myself. I reach in and sure enough, find the first foot upside down. Feel around some more and find the second and it's upside down too. Dang it. Pulled on them enough to get the chains on them and reached in to feel what was going on. Well I'll be, there's the head! Went ahead and pulled it by hand and it was an easy pull. The calf's head came out sideways but other than that, it was normal. First time I've ever seen feet be completely upside down and be head first.

Made me feel good, just hope the cow isn't grouchy in the morning cause we pulled the calf when she didn't need any help.

(20150330_201342.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20150330_201342.jpg (88KB - 209 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)