AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pipe post/cont. fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jake_NEIA
Posted 3/6/2015 10:36 (#4435510)
Subject: Pipe post/cont. fence

Gonna try something new and use pipe posts and continuos fence panels around my new feeding floor.....So I got a bunch of questions.

Ideally I'd pound the posts in but I don't have a post pounder and never had luck pushing posts in with the loader. Maybe there some place I could rent a pounder or maybe someone on here is up for higher?? I'm in NE Iowa pay in beer or green paper!

Anyhow if I cant drive them in would it be an issue to use my post hole digger and drill holes for posts and when I pour the feeding floor I pour the post holes as well? The post will be poured in a 6-8" high curb so they shouldn't have manure setting around them, but would it extend the post life if a person coated the underground portion in spray on bed liner material?

Provided I get all that accomplished is it ok to weld the continuos fence panels directly to the posts or do I need to find weld on clips? Lastly how necessary is it to put a top rail on? I was thinking I'd just weld caps on and avoid all the saddle cuts as I've never done anything like that before. I don't think I'll need a top rail as far as height his concerned, but if it adds overall strength maybe I should add it?

Last odd ball question...for you guys that use guardrail fencing.....do you have issues with the guardrail blocking the sun and not thawing out/melting the snow along your fences? That's one of the reasons I haven't considered guardrail other then the sharp ends and I have cont. panels on hand and would need to buy guardrail.

Thanks in advance for the input! I'm only 26 and wanna do it right the first time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)